Well, hello my dear decorators! This is The Welcome Sign and today we want to talk about something we realize is really important these days and it’s about: balance.
Yes, a balance between life and work because a real entrepreneur knows how to separate these two. So, to make it easier for you, we are going to share with you 7 things you shouldn't do to keep a balance between life and work. Ready?
- Mix timings/activities: if you decide to go out with your friends or family and working at the same time, the only result you’re going to get is that you won’t enjoy or concentrate on what you are doing or working on. You should organize your schedule and have different times for everything without leaving out any activities. Remember balance it’s important.
- Not taking care of yourself: People don’t know the importance of “me” time. Sometimes you have to finish up work late at night or early in the morning. So, if that is the case make sure you take at least a few hours off when you get home or when you finish your day. For example, have a delicious dinner or snack, stretch a little, listen to some music, etc.
- Not having a working space: if you invest in your working space, you’ll have better results and you’ll know that if you’re in your bed it’s only for sleeping. Get a comfortable chair, an ergonomic keyboard, a support stand for your laptop, etc.
- Not unplugging: did you know that cutting ties with the outside world from time to time allows us to recover from weekly stress, and gives us space for other thoughts and ideas to emerge? Let’s look at it as a restart, like when you turn off your phone for a while and then turn it on again, that could help a lot to your well-being.
- Not setting work hours: if you don’t do this you won’t avoid burnout. It is important to determine when you will work and when you will stop working; otherwise, you might find yourself answering work-related emails late at night, during vacations, or on weekends off and you won’t even realize the difference between your life and work.
- Leave your health aside: there are 3 important things you should always taking care of: your physical, emotional and mental health and it happens that sometimes we forget about that because we are too busy working but guess what? If you want to have success you need to take care of these things. Prioritize your health first and you can do it as simple as meditation or exercise.
- Leave wellness out of your life: take some time and energy to be grateful, do something kind for yourself and that will leave you feeling happier and less stressed. If you’re having a busy day at work, it's ok, just remember to take a 5-minute break to breathe, repeat affirmations and focus on what really matters.
There you go, do you like our recommendations? Remember to share, comment, or like our post. Keep decorating your success and visit our store anytime you like. You’re very welcome.