Have you heard about this unique and interesting style? We are talking about bohemian or boho if you didn’t read the title.
This time we want to talk about this because we are in love with our new bohemian collection (now available on our website). Maybe you’re thinking “meh, this is not me, boho is for hippies or travelers”, guuuuurl, let me stop you right there because bohemian is just what you need to decor your success or home.
Yes, it could be for travelers but also writers, actors, people who loves connecting with nature and be different. So if you’re looking to boho your shop or home. This blog could be helpful.
First of all, Boho embraces a "more is more" philosophy. Try using decorative materials that mix and match. Warm earthy colors are common but also jewel tones. For example deep browns, greens, and grays for base colors and combine them with purple, orange and electric blue. This style is unique because of the combination you can make with it.
- Decorate with multiple lanterns and candles. Carpets? YES OR YES
And the plural is not accidental, because the most common is to dress the floors of the house with various designs, which often even overlap. Not only will they add color and warmth, but they will also make walking barefoot more enjoyable.
- Very natural: Wood, leather, vegetable fibers, cotton textiles, plants, crystal details, ceramics ... The natural cannot be missing in a boho decoration. A leather puf, a wooden armchair, a fiber rug, a DIY macramé lamp ... Sprinkle the decoration with nature elements and create a slow atmosphere.
- Break the rules: One of the keys to the boho style is that there are no rules. Ok (almost) everything as long as you like it and feel comfortable. So why not install a hammock or hanging chair in the bedroom? Or in the living room? Free yourself from decorative taboos!
- It is a versatile stye, you can match it perfectly with contemporary or with farmhouse decor. As Gordan Himerdooff would say: "Adding a few rattan chairs to the room along with woven wall hanging will surely pair perfectly." (1). And we would say that macrames are a nice contribution to farmhouse style, these two styles could be best friends.
In The Welcome Sign we want you to feel welcome to decor and build your own bohemian style with our products. You can find our bohemian products here and please share all you can with us! We love to know everything about your, your decorations and success!
Thank you so much. Have a nice day.
Blog by Aqua Avila
(1) Himerdooff, G. (2020). Blend Farmhouse Style Home Décor with Bohemian and Tribal Theme. September 8, 2021, de Fotolog Sitio web: https://www.fotolog.com/blend-farmhouse-style-home-decor-with-bohemian-and-tribal-theme/